36 Month / 36000 Mile Warranty
WHO MAKES THIS WARRANTY
This limited warranty is extended only to you, the original purchaser, and not to anyone who may purchase your vehicle from you during the term of the warranty. This limited warranty is made by the Independent Service Facility (“Facility”) who is so named on the original repair invoice and performed the service/repairs on your vehicle. This warranty may be honored by any facility participating in this program, or other authorized facility anywhere in the United States. This warranty is not a warranty of Sonio Administrative Services, Inc., IEH Auto Parts LLC, either company’s affiliates, subsidiaries or any of their employees, or member companies. In addition, Sonsio Administrative Services, Inc. serves as the administrator only.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
This warranty covers the following types of repairs and services:
- Air conditioning, heating and climate control systems.
- Engine cooling systems.
- Engine performance or drivability services and repair.
- Emission control system.
- Fuel systems.
- Electronic engine management system and other on-board computer systems, (engine, body, brake and suspension computers), cruise control systems.
- Brake system.
- Starting and charging systems.
- Electrical systems.
- Exhaust system.
- Ignition system.
- Steering/suspension systems, wheel bearings, CV joints/U-joints, half-shafts and driveshafts.
- Other minor repairs.
The Independent Service Facility warrants that the above repairs and services performed at their location will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 36 months or 36,000 miles of use, whichever comes first, measured from the date of the first repair and the odometer reading shown on the original repair invoice. This warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being subjected only to normal, non-commercial use, and receiving reasonable and necessary maintenance during the warranty period. Warranty repair costs shall in no case exceed the costs of the original repair or service. If there is a defect in either materials or workmanship within the warranty period, the Independent Service Facility has the option to perform remedial service work at no charge to you, replace the defective warranted part(s) without charge to you, or refund the entire charge for the warranted repairs, minus any previous refunds.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA ONLY: A buyer of covered products or services has the right to have warranty service performed during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the vehicle has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed. The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect, and the buyer notifies the warranty administrator of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed. If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been fixed, the buyer may return his vehicle for a replacement of parts, if applicable, or a refund, in either case, subject to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under any law.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
You must keep a copy of the original repair invoice and present it when seeking service under this warranty. If warranty work is performed, you must temporarily surrender possession of the original repair invoice, or a legible copy of the same. Repair Assurance is valid when you are more than 25 miles from the original Service Facility, then you must call the Warranty Administrator prior to any warranty repair work being performed, at 1-877-427-7411,from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Eastern Time), Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., excluding holidays. The Repair Assurance warranty will then apply. If you are Iess than 25 miles away from the original Service Facility, you must return your vehicle to that Facility and present your copy of the original repair invoice to the Facility. The Administrator will direct you to the nearest participating Facility location. If there are no participating locations in your area, you may take your vehicle to a non-participating Service Facility in your area.
If the non-participating Service Facility will not accept payment from the Warranty Administrator, you must pay for the warranty service and submit your original repair invoice and subsequent warranty repair invoice to the Administrator for review. In all cases, these original document(s) will be returned to you as soon as practicable.
Today’s cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner’s manual to learn about the vehicle’s systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don’t ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it’s been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as you need. Do not be embarrassed to request lay definitions.
- Don’t rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
This is to certify that Skinner’s Automotive
By their commitment to Customer Service is officially recognized as a
SELECT AUTO XPERT Service Center
Our Pledge To You…
As a Select Auto Xpert Service Center, earning your trust is our highest mission.
We are committed to helping our customers with scheduled and preventative maintenance to keep your vehicle in top condition for you and your family.
We pledge to provide you with an experienced and knowledgeable staff, quality brand name parts and the tools & equipment for proper repair and installation. We take pride in servicing your vehicle needs with fast and reliable service at fair prices. No repair will be performed without your informed consent. Repairs are backed by Repair Assurance North American Warranty. Our goal is to assure you that the repair was done properly and is covered when you leave a Select Auto Xpert Service Center.
That’s service you can trust!